Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Next Step

My arrangement is looking a little tired today, so I rearranged the best looking blossoms into new vases.  I gathered the pink alstroemeria into a bouquet and placed it in a vintage bear shaped jar.  These were placed next to the front door.
01052012 001a


Next, I put orange lilies in an old cut-glass decanter.  The bear grass adds a little movement.

01052012 008a

I floated a gerbera daisy and one mum.  The dark stones in the bottom of the vase add a little weight and dimension to the arrangement.
01052012 011a
I have seen this idea done in arrangements in magazines.  I had a left over lime and some clementines on my counter, so I decided to give it a try.  It’s a little tricky.   The slices should be thin, and it helps to layer a vase inside of another vase so that the slices stay supported on the sides.  They do a fairly good job of hiding the stems of the mums.  I will try this again in the future with more fruit and flowers.
01052012 022a

Finally, I gathered three small mums and added them to a small bear jar for my desk.  They make the perfect hat for him and the flowers brighten my work space.
01052012 024a

No comments:

Post a Comment